Saturday, February 6, 2010

How He Loves

I can't get enough of Kim Walker's version of the song "How He Loves." I downloaded it off iTunes last summer and have listened to it repeatedly since then. It lasts for nearly nine minutes with her talking shouting a lot at the end. I wasn't sold on it right away, especially not the ending. Now that's my favorite part. I can't get enough of it. We could sing about God's mercy, grace, forgiveness, and faithfulness all day long. And those things are great. But there's just something about his LOVE. As she says, "His love is thick and tangible... and He wants you to feel it... and we're never the same, we're never the same after we encounter the love of God..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoC1ec-lYps

2 comments:

  1. I had never seen that video..WOW. She was experiencing the love of God on stage. I could sense her depth and she was overcome by God. Many would think she was crazy, but I'm not gonna knock something that I know is real. TOo bad more folks can't dive into the depths of His love like her. She was free!!!!!!!! Sweet stuff. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song too, you were the one who introduced me to it and I am so thankful! "He is jealous for me, love like a hurricane, I am the tree"... WOW Love like a hurricane, I'm blown away!

    ReplyDelete

The Baby Book

I am knowingly and willingly part of a parenting generation that feels the need to document everything about our kids -- birthdays, holida...