Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Journaling Tips

I recently saw a Pinterest post with tips on how to be a better journaler. The link was to the blog of a very creative lady with a funky, artsy journaling style. She would draw pictures to represent her thoughts or insert hand-drawn boarders and doodles around the pages. Though I can't really do that, I did glean one cool idea she had.

She suggested lists! Making random lists of things in your life can help with journaling, she said. For example, making lists of things you love or things that are currently around you can enhance your journal-writing. You can make a list of things that are currently making you happy or conversely making you sad. Cool idea (and my journaling definitely needs some pep!). So, here I go.

Here is a list of the things I've seen around me in the past few weeks or so:
-a very big baby niece (what happened to that teeny newborn?)
-a pool (its nice to have an apartment again for this reason)
-apps like Instagram (a better way to see my pictures, very into this right now)
-the Bosnian language (Zdravo! Kako se zovete?)
-lots of new psoriasis patches on my legs (boo!)
-a bottle of Nasonex/Flonase (yay! miracle allergy medicine)
-bright colors on my nails and clothes (spring/summer trend this year)
-the inside of a gym (love the new gym at work)
-Starbucks in my hand (there's one inside the gym)
-pupils (been doing a lot of teaching and investing lately)
-girlfriends (want a boyfriend but thankful for all the girls in my life)
-cereal (just counted 6 boxes in my pantry...I may be a little bit obsessed)
-a new pottery barn bedspread (I heart PB...especially on sale)

That's all for now. What list shall I do next?

2 comments:

  1. Hello, lovely!
    I wish I did more journal writing- what a great way of seeing your joinery through life. And I love your list of things too!
    Thanks for your comment over at mine- I'll be selling my jewellery in my Etsy shop in a couple of weeks time (I've got a couple of craft fairs to do first). You can find the link to my shop through the blog.
    Have a super week.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica!
    Just a quick note to let you know that my Jewellery is for sale in my Etsy shop - there's a link from my blog AND a 10% discount code too!
    Hope all's ok with you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

The Baby Book

I am knowingly and willingly part of a parenting generation that feels the need to document everything about our kids -- birthdays, holida...