Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Am I crafty?

Crafty people have always intimidated me. I've always felt very un-crafty and generally lacking in the domesticated, craft-making skills department. But then several years ago I made a relatively simple scrapbook and my craft confidence grew. Nowadays sugar and salt scrubs are the craze and they've got my craft wheels-a-turnin. If you're reading this, guess what you're getting for Christmas this year?!

I'm now on the hunt for Mason jars, essential oils, and scrub recipes. That led me to the DIY area of Pinterest where I stumbled upon A TON of ideas. There are some really crafty ladies out there yet their simple, easy DIY crafts have left me feeling not-so intimidated. Moreso, excited!

I won't give away all my Christmas present ideas, but check out the beautiful vintage votive candles at http://www.annabooshouse.blogspot.com/. I'm also entering her Giveaway contest. Can you imagine getting one of her lovely crafts all the way from the UK?! Now, if I win, what will I send her back???

3 comments:

  1. Hello to you!
    Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm so glad you like the vintage votives and yes, hon, they really are too simple to make.
    Cut your lace to fit around a glass (ones with straight sides work best) and then glue on. I used a glue called 'tacky glue' which I bought from a craft shop here in the UK -it's basically a really thick PVA glue. You might be able to find it online.
    Good luck with crafting and thanks for mentioning me- you've got yourself 2 chances of winning my giveaway!!
    Have a great week.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back again- just saw your last comment about following me on FB. You might be better off keeping in touch by following me through blogger - I'm not doing much with FB at the mo!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, thanks! Today I made 4 vintage votives (2 with lace and 2 with twine) and can't wait to make more! They are so pretty and easy!! Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete

The Baby Book

I am knowingly and willingly part of a parenting generation that feels the need to document everything about our kids -- birthdays, holida...