Monday, December 11, 2017

Little Known Facts

I recently found myself saying this sentence, "If Lindsey Buckingham ever came to Birmingham and I actually got to see him in concert I would probably cry just like I cried when I saw Adele." As soon as I said those words it occurred to me how unusual they sounded coming out of my mouth given that I am probably the least likely Lindsey Buckingham fan. I can count on one hand how many people know about my late 90's obsession with Buckingham Nicks and Fleetwood Mac. Those people probably include my mother, my father, my sister Maggie, and my friend Aron. It's possible even they have forgotten that phase I went through. My husband may know I like Fleetwood Mac, but to cry seeing Lindsey Buckingham in concert would probably surprise him. I doubt he realizes my love goes that deep. But, to see Lindsey Buckingham on a stage doing one of his truly genius guitar solos would be a major life moment for me. The entire band of Fleetwood Mac on stage right in front of me, well, that's just too mind-blowing to even imagine. My obsession with their music got so bad in the late 90's that I eventually had to box up and put away all of my CD's. I was way too immersed in their music and in their lives. I had read Mick Fleetwood's band autobiography and analyzed their songs way too much. The only other music that has had the same affect on me is Adele's. So, in Atlanta in 2016 when she rose up out of a stage literally right in front of me I couldn't help but have tears in my eyes. It was just too unreal. And I'm not even a big music person! I spend 99% of my music listening time either on mainstream pop radio or the latest and greatest praise and worship band. For me to have such "big love" for a 68-year-old guitarist is definitely a little known fact. What is a little known fact about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Baby Book

I am knowingly and willingly part of a parenting generation that feels the need to document everything about our kids -- birthdays, holida...