Monday, September 19, 2011

I'm in seminary!

No, that doesn't say I'm inseminated. Though that thought has crossed my mind a time or two. ;) Instead, I'm in seminary - The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary to be exact. It's in Louisville, Kentucky and I'm enrolled in the Online Graduate Program with intent to complete a Certificate in Missions through the Billy Graham School of Missions.

Why am I in seminary and what am I planning to do with this certificate? I have absolutely no idea. But I feel like it's progress in moving toward what I feel like God is leading me to do which I think is full-time mission work. Lots of uncertainty and further need for prayer in that last sentence. The course I'm currently taking is called Intro to Missiology and I am really loving it so far. Five textbooks to read, two chapel services and two lectures per week have really got me excited again about all things related to missions. I can feel the fire beginning to ignite in my heart again for the lost and for the One True God to be worshipped among the nations as He deserves. Through this course I've become convinced that Let the Nations Be Glad by John Piper should be required reading for every Christian, not just seminary students. Seriously.

I'm also for personal reasons concurrently reading a book about singleness called, Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye? Trusting God with a Hope Deferred by Carolyn McCulley. It is blowing me away so far. It's chock-full of Truth that at this point in my life, at age 34, could not be more needed.

So, all that to say, I'm excited about this fall and all that God is teaching me. Even though I don't know the plan yet, I'm excited to wait patiently for it to be revealed. God is faithful.

3 comments:

  1. Jessica, this is wonderful news! I'd love to hear more about what's going on in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete

The Baby Book

I am knowingly and willingly part of a parenting generation that feels the need to document everything about our kids -- birthdays, holida...